Saturday, July 4

Euphoria strikes...




After the sweltering weather in the morning, its begun to rain.  Cool air's blowing all over the place and the sweet aroma of mother earth takes one to Eden.  The weather's just right to get anyone on the dance floor.  And a playlist of the most romantic songs are being played in your laptop.  Someone's just given you a compliment.  You have no reason for the grin thats etched on your face.  Then, Euphoria strikes...

Class is progressing.  The staff is in a desperate attempt at imparting knowledge.  You are physically present, mentally you are touring your childhood days.  Your thought focuses on an incident which gets you laughing.  Suddenly you pop back to reality, and laugh even harder at the thought.  At the same time, trying hard to stifle it so that the staff doesn't notice.   All this, and you just can't stop grinning the whole day.  Then, Euphoria strikes...

This happened to me:  Mam's in class jabbering away.  I remember Coutrallam(a place very famous for the waterfalls).  I must have been five years old.  My mom and grandma are along with me and make me stand under the waterfall.  The force of the coooolll water on my body and the loud roaring sound scare the guts outta me and I run for safety, far away from the falls.  I stand there seeing everyone enjoying the falls, and not wanting to be the one left out, I grab a mug and intently start pouring water from the ground onto my head getting everyone around me to laugh.  This thought in the middle of the class and yes, Euphoria struck. :) 

You're completely stressed for the day.  Sitting in front of the tv, the remote control in your hands, continuously changing channels.  All you want to do is hit the bed and have a good night's rest.  You're yearning for someone who would cuddle you, and soothe away all your worries.  You find a bundle of joy (your pet) right at your foot, looking at you with innocent eyes, as if enquiring if it could be of any help.  All that was bugging you evaporate into thin air and you start playing with your pet.  Then mate, Euphoria strikes...

This happened to me: I was dead scared of pets.  A stray kitten was brought into the family by my sis.  Then on, I would travel the house leaping from furniture to furniture never setting my foot on the ground.  After that a group of neighbouring boys said they wanted to take care of it.  But the kitty never did what they wanted it to do or something, they gave it back to us.  It was at that moment, I realised how much I missed the kitty.  Then on, it was me who played with it.  One such stressful afternoon, the kitty came running towards me.  I settled it on the top of my tummy and would stick my tongue out.  It would do its lopsided run on my body and try to come catch my tongue.  Then I would keep repeating it.  Karupanna (my kitty's name) was a living source of joy and everytime I played with it, Euphoria struck :)

Cheers ppl,
Anne (pronounced Ann, spelled with an e)

2 comments:

ripperpro said...

kutralithula mug vachu kulicha ore genius neenga than ka epdi ungalamattum ipdi elam -jones :)

Deepak said...

ah the joy that a pet can bring. it has to be experienced. and nice post :) .